Organisation certificate (ZertES seal)
The certificate for electronic invoicing and archiving (ZertES seal)
The Organisation certificate (ZertES seal) is a regulated certificate that meets the requirements of the Swiss Electronic Signature Act (ZertES). It is issued exclusively to companies and organisations (so-called UID entities) that are officially registered in Switzerland.
This product is used to create regulated electronic seals. Electronic seals are signatures of organisations that ensure the authenticity and integrity of electronic documents.
With this Organization certificate you sign electronic invoices legally compliant and archive documents in compliance with GeBüV. In addition, you can exchange VAT-relevant data with other companies in paperless form and keep and store account books (Company Accounts Decree GeBüV). Official publications are also provided with a ZertES-compliant seal.
- Suitable for automated mass signatures and organisational roles
- Compliant with the Company Accounts Decree (GeBüV)
- Suitable as proof of VAT (VAT Ordinance MWStV Art. 122). The explanation of the Swiss Federal Tax Administration can be read here (in German, French or Italian).
- Term of up to three years
- Verification of identity: E-mail address, applicant and organisation. Applicants must prove they are entitled to receive the certificate, but only the name and identifier of the organisation and, where necessary, more detailed information such as the branch or department as well as details on the organisation’s headquarters are displayed in the certificate.
Hard token (hardware security module – HSM or smartcard) or “Secure Signature Creation Device” (SSCD*): Not included in delivery. We recommend the products of SafeNet, Ergonomics, intarsys consulting, PDF-Tools, Seacon and Secrypt.
*The SSCD needs to meet the technical and administrative requirements of the Signature Act ZertES (TAV-ZertES), i.e. it must have the corresponding certifications.
- Processing requires five to ten working days following receipt of the correctly completed application and the accompanying documentation
- To automate your processes, you need a signature solution to create mass signatures with organisation certificates. You can obtain such solutions from the SwissSign solution partners, for example.
- Recognised root CA
- Distribution: All common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- All binding guidelines for this certificate type are stipulated in the relevant Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CP/CPS): SwissSign-Platinum-CP-CPS
- Legally compliant signing of electronic invoices
- Archiving of documents in compliance with GeBüV and MWStV (Art.122)
- Regulated electronic seal for ensuring the authenticity and integrity of electronic documents
- Creation of signatures or seals as an organisational role